Your journey with FPD starts with 3 to 4 weeks of in-house training. You will meet everybody, get used to our in-house systems, learn our Department policies, and become familiar with our report writing style, etc.
Then you’ll be assigned to a Field Training Officer (FTO) and will go through the Field Training program.
A typical Field Training Program spans 19 weeks. Based on your progress and performance, however, you can be recommended for an early check-out in as short as 10 weeks. The Probationary Period is 18 months.
4 work days, 4 days off, 11 hours per shift (1 hour paid on-duty workout)
- $9,237.15 – $11,230.32 monthly
- One hour paid on-duty workout each shift
- On-site gym with treadmills, bikes, weights, and locker rooms
- Outdoor basketball court and fitness area, plus access to on-site trainer
- Towel and water
- CalPERS retirement plan:
- PEPRA Member — 2.7% @ 57
- Classic Member – 3% @ 55
- $2,350 monthly City contribution toward medical and dental; vision provided through Fremont Police Association (FPA)
- $50K City-paid life insurance
- 104 hours of annual Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation starts at 120 hours annually, 360 hour maximum
- $1,750 annual Uniform Allowance ($500 for first year)
- Educational Incentive Pay, Specialist Pay, Longevity Pay, and opportunities for Overtime Pay
This position is represented by the FPA. Click to see the full benefit details.
- You must be currently employed as a Police Officer by a California law enforcement agency
- You have successfully completed a POST-approved field training program.
- You have a Class C California driver’s license at the time of appointment with satisfactory driving record.
Step 1 Apply
Submit your application at www.fremont.gov/cityjobs.
Step 2 Personal History Questionnaire
Step 3 Lieutenant’s Panel Interview
Step 4 Polygraph
Step 5 Background
Step 6 Executive Panel Interview with the Chief and Captains
Step 7 Conditional Job Offer
Final job offer is dependent on the Medical and Psychological evaluations.
Click to see the detailed recruitment process.
If you have a specific question about your application, we’re available on live chat from:
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text us at (510) 404-8934.